Sunday, August 1, 2010

A New Home for Shifting Gears, for Now

Since the May of last year, I've been writing about the global auto industry at my Shifting Gears blog for the The Big Money. Unfortunately, last Friday, the Slate Group shut TBM down. It was a sad day, for everyone involved with a great online publication. It was an especially sad day for me, as TBM's editors had encouraged and supported me in my efforts to combine business and econo-blogging with the kind of auto-enthusiast writing you usually find at Autoblog, Jalopnik, and in the car magazines. TBM submitted me for a National Magazine Award for blogging last year, a very satisfying reward at a time when the whole world of cars seemed to be going completely crazy. (I didn't make the finals, but still...)

I'm not entirely sure what the future holds for my car blogging, but until I know, I'll continue to blog here. Electric cars, flying cars, concept cars, gorgeous cars, ugly cars, and of course the neverending coverage the business side of the auto business that my TBM readers have been following in the aftermath of the financial crisis and the Detroit bailouts—I'll keep doing it here. And if that's not enough, you can always follow me at Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment